Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Combative Pistol 1 with ORS


This is just a brief summary of the pistol course I took with ORS recently. I trained with Olmsted Risk Solutions about 8 months ago at the Defensive Preparedness Summit; you can read the summary of that here. This course was different in that the focus was on pistol employment in a day to day scenario.


 

Lance discussing techniques
Within minutes of the class commencing I noticed improvements on my grip and draw, we did a few drills that focused on grip and trigger control. It is amazing how a little rain and a cold wind can add an added value to the training.
I don't think he's going to make it

Range selfie
Combative Pistol 1 took place at the range which is genius, most CCW courses take place in a house or a Holiday Inn and spend almost the entire time talking about a bunch of crap that you don’t need to know. In this class we discussed what to do in the event we do have to use deadly force. The CCW course I took back in Massachusetts never once discussed using our pistol when our lives are in danger, we didn’t even talk about shooting the pistol properly!



I can’t say enough good things about this course, Lance clearly has his shit together and is among the rising number of people in the firearms world who focus on what is important when it comes to the gun and how to use it.



Lance and I did a brief video summarizing the class as well.
 
I promised it would be brief so here it is! Any questions about this course of upcoming classes please contact ORS directly here.


The Ivans awaiting some more lead

No comments:

Post a Comment